Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Single Breath

The demons plague my mind
I hear their whispers of sweet nothings
I hear their cries of war
I see their blood on my hands

I thought they were gone
My life could begin
But I am a mirror
The demons are always closer than they appear

I cry for freedom
I beg for mercy
My heart is cold
I am left alone

Suddenly I see a Light
The darkness ebbs away
The demons run
A good Man has come

The warmth of His voice melts the ice
My heart begins to beat
His breath brings me out of stone
I see the colors of life

But no longer is his breath soft
His terrible roar shakes my inner being
His mighty claws pierce my flesh
He brings a death that is so freeing

"Rejoice", He says
The old is gone and life has won
No more am I tormented by days gone past
Redemption is free at last

No heart of stone
Nor tears of death
All redeemed
In a single breath

No comments:

Post a Comment